Run it, bounce it, throw it

You paid $35 for football season tickets. You’re planning on doing the same when basketball season rolls around. It’s great to be a Cyclone fan — cheering on the players, sporting cardinal-and-gold apparel, shaking your keys at each kick-off and tailgating with brats and the beverage of your choice.

Sure, it’s a good time, but get off your butt and do a little of your own sporting. That’s right. Get up and get active, because Iowa State has quite a pool of sports you, the average student, can play.

Do you fancy volleyball, flag football or wrestling? Perhaps you prefer tae kwon do, weightlifting or aerobics. Do you know what broomball is? Whatever you like to do most, ISU plays your game.

ISU intramurals are a fantastic opportunity to continue participating in sports. Not everyone can be an official ISU athlete. Intramurals also give students the chance to explore new and different sports such as rock climbing, canoeing, racquetball and much more.

Not only do intramural sports give you opportunities, but students also have an outlet to stay fit and compete with other ISU students.

Sure, go out to Jack Trice Stadium, Hilton Coliseum or the Ames/ISU Ice Arena to support your Cyclones. But don’t forget you, too, have the ability to be a competitive athlete through ISU intramurals.

It’s a fun experience, and if you work hard enough, you can wear one of those pretty-prestigious “Intramural Champion” T-shirts.