Stolen music equipment found in student’s home

Kari Sodeman

The musical equipment worth $2,345 which was stolen from Music Hall on July 12 has been found.

The equipment was recovered July 15 at the home of an Iowa State student.

Trino Dandridge, a sophomore in computer engineering, was arrested July 16 after the stolen music equipment was found in his home, said Jerry Stewart, investigative officer for the Department of Public Safety.

The music equipment belonging to Matthew J. Fritzjunker, a senior in liberal arts and sciences, and Jennifer Scott, a senior in music, was stolen from unlocked lockers in the Music Hall during a weekend music camp.

The items stolen include a bass guitar, guitar case, bass amplifier, microphones, guitar pedal, guitar straps and a music stand. Fritzjunker’s goods totalled $1,670 while Scott’s totalled $675. Fritzjunker said he had no previous problems with locker security.

In other news

Several reports, about 16, incidents of break-ins and thefts on campus have been reported this summer by DPS. The largest, a Bessey Hall video-equipment theft, was reported June 6.

A Sharp video projector, valued at $7,000, was removed from 210 Bessey Hall, Tinker said.

“Currently, we have had no tips or leads as to who committed the crime,” Stewart said.

DPS is offering a $1,000 reward to anyone who can provide information which might lead to an arrest.

Several office doors were pried open in Agronomy Hall and the Memorial Union during the summer, and offices were rummaged through at the vet-med complex, Tinker said.

“Most of the damage was minimal,” Tinker said. “In most cases, they just damaged the door or took petty change.”

Though the campus population declines in the summer, DPS staff size remains the same, Tinker said.

“It’s hard to tell on a lot of these whether or not they are locals,” Tinker said of the persons who may have committed the crimes.

“During the summer you get a lot of different people coming to campus. A lot of the time you catch one or two suspects and find that they are responsible for most of the break-ins,” he said.