Extension vice provost candidates to visit campus

Daily Staff Writer

The four candidates for the position of extension vice provost will visit the Iowa State campus and then travel to Iowa towns to visit with extension and community leaders in May.

One of the candidates will fill the vacancy left by Robert Anderson, who resigned in June to teach in ISU’s electrical and computer engineering department.

The candidates are Carol L. Anderson, associate director of Cornell Cooperative Extension, Cornell University, Ithaca, N.Y.; David E. Foster, associate vice president for agriculture extension at University of Arkansas, Little Rock; Nolan R. Hartwig, interim vice provost for extension at ISU; and Mylo A. Hellickson, director of the Cooperative Extension Service at South Dakota State University, Brookings.

The vice provost for extension coordinates and administers ISU’s outreach effort, works with the provost, vice provost for research and the deans of the eight colleges to integrate the outreach effort with the teaching and research programs.

An open forum for each candidate’s visit will be televised on the Iowa Communications Network. The ISU campus community can view the open forums forums for Hellickson, Foster and Hartwig at the ICN classroom in 147 Lagomarcino Hall. The campus ICN site for Anderson’s open forum will be announced at a later date.