FINAL EXAM REGULATIONS & SCHEDULE

Daily Staff Writer

Time for examinations is determined by the student’s first contact of the week in each course, except for exams in special groups. Either the first recitation or lecture of the week is considered as the first contact hour. For courses that have both lectures and recitations, the department decides which should be used.

With the exception of special group courses, exams will be held at the meeting place of the first contact.

Locations for special group exams will be announced by the instructor.

Courses which have lectures scheduled at 6 p.m. or later should give their examinations during final week from 7 to 9 p.m. on the day the class normally meets.

Courses not provided for on the exam schedule, such as those with first contact hour Tuesday at 12 or on Wednesday, are to have examinations during final week at a time and location to be announced by the instructor.

Final exams in courses of two or more credits may not be given at a time other than that for which the exam is scheduled except by permission from the dean of the college. If no final is given, the class must still meet at the scheduled time.

If unusual circumstances necessitate changing the time of a student’s final examination, the student must obtain the approval of the instructor of the course.

For courses not starting on the hour, the first full hour following the half hour should be used to determine the first contact. For example, courses beginning at 8:30 would use the 9 a.m. contact hour on the final exam schedule.

In case of conflicting examinations within special groups, the student should report to the instructor in charge of the top or first of the two conflicting courses as listed within the special group in question. This instructor will arrange for a make-up exam.

Students with three exams within one day who wish to change the time of one of them should contact the

instructor of the course having the smallest number of students. This instructor is ultimately responsible for the make-up exam unless conflict exams are already scheduled at another time for either of the other two courses.