Cyclone support!

Dan Mccarney

To the Editor:

I want to take this opportunity to thank the student body for its outstanding support of ISU football.

Our players, coaches and staff were overwhelmed by the support at the home opener on August 31 against Ohio University. The enthusiasm and support at the pep rally and Ohio game went a long way toward helping us achieve our first victory of the season.

I have stated several times how important the student body is in helping us turn this football program around. There is no doubt there will be some tough hurdles to cross along the way, but I promise that each time our team takes the field they will do so with determination, spirit and pride. We will build a winning football program that everyone can be proud of.

As we approach the Iowa game this Saturday, I want to express to all students the importance of this game. I have been a part of this intense intrastate rivalry and understand the amount of emotion and determination with which this game is played each year.

Your enthusiasm and support is a must. Our football team is looking forward to a hard-hitting, well-played ballgame. Together, we can create a fantastic college football atmosphere.

I encourage you to enjoy yourself on Saturday, but please avoid any activities where you or your friends might be injured.

Come out and support the Cyclones in an enthusiastic, determined and safe manner. I am proud to be associated with and supported by a first class group of Cyclone students like yourselves.

Dan McCarney
Iowa State Head Football Coach