Your day’s briefing: Wednesday, Feb. 17

Richardson Court Dorms

BOR 

The Iowa Board of Regents will meet Feb. 24 and 25 at Iowa State to consider several items, including bathroom remodeling at the Richardson Court dorms, rate increases for housing, meal plans and parking, as well as a proposal for a new criminal justice major. For more information on what is being done and details for the new construction, view the full story here.

City council

The Ames City Council will have a meeting Tuesday to discuss the Lincoln Way corridor plan study and the Downtown Housing Study Project Committee. View the full story here.

Mental health

The debate over maternity leave for men and women in the armed forces continues on. Columnist Haley Brase argues that although the Department of Defense has increased leave for women from 12 weeks to 14, that the short 10 days of leave for men needs to be increased as well. View the full story here.

Comedian Kenan Thompson to bring laughs to Stephens Auditorium

Thompson will perform a comedy show for Ames audiences at 8 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 17, at C.Y. Stephens Auditorium. Doors will open at 7 p.m. for the 8 p.m. show. For details on ticket prices view the full story here.

Food replacement

Cooking for yourself in college can be difficult especially if your on a diet. Learn the basics to replacing foods in your pantry and recipes to lead a healthier lifestyle. View full story here.