LeBron James’ son being recruited at age 10

Peter O'Brien

Everybody in the basketball speaking world knows who LeBron James is. James is considered the greatest basketball player in the world and is noted for his jump straight from high school to play in the NBA. However, a report from USA Today says that James’ son is already being recruited to play college basketball, oh, and he’s only 10 years old.

LeBron James Jr. is already off to a great basketball career and has won a national championship with his AAU basketball team and let’s not forget that he has the guidance of the best basketball player in the world.

USA Today reported that college coaches like Thad Matta, Ohio State’s men’s basketball coach, have James Jr. on their recruiting lists already and are expecting him to follow in his father’s footsteps.

However, all the interest in his son for college basketball is less than thrilling for James. Fox Sports reported that James Jr. has already been getting offers to play college basketball. The elder James believes that there should be some sort of violation for trying to recruit a 10-year-old kid, not to mention that James Jr. hasn’t even entered middle school yet.

But all the hype and attention around young James Jr. is going to escalate as he continues to play in middle school and high school. Especially if James Jr. is playing just like his father did, then it will be very interesting to see where he ends up.

James was an absolute high school phenomenon playing for St Vincent-St. Mary High School in Akron, Ohio. He won three state championships, and in his senior campaign, won a national championship. As a junior James was featured on the cover of Sports Illustrated, where he was named “The Chosen One.” The hype surrounding James in high school was unbelievable and sports fans will just have to wait and see what comes of James Jr.

It is crazy to say that 10-year-old LeBron James Jr. is one of the highest priority recruiting prospects for some colleges, but let’s not put too much pressure on the kid, after all he is just 10 years old!