inbrief

Varnit Khanna

Reiman to close for construction

Reiman Gardens will be closed for construction from Oct. 8 to 12. The gardens are scheduled to reopen on Oct. 12 at 9 a.m.

– Michelle Kann

Scholarship for adult students available

ISU students are invited to apply for the Adult Student Scholarship Fund, which provides adult students with scholarships designed to cover the cost of books and supplies for one semester.

The deadline to apply for a spring semester scholarship is Nov. 20. The awards range between $200 and $500.

In order to be eligible for the Adult Student Scholarship, a student must meet one of the following conditions: 24 years of age or older, did not enter Iowa State University directly from high school, or is responsible for dependents other than a spouse.

Applications are available at http://www.ocass.iastate.edu/assf.htm or at B6 in the Memorial Union. For more information, contact Vernon Wall at 294-1023 or [email protected].

– Michelle Kann

Renovated floor to be dedicated

The newly renovated ground floor of Beardshear Hall will be dedicated at 2:30 p.m. today.

The new Student Answer Center complex and the offices of financial aid, university receivables, part of the Registrar’s office and career services will be open. President Gregory Geoffroy, Vice President for Student Affairs Tom Hill and student government leaders will speak at the dedication.

– Sara Tennessen