Vertical Horizon will headline Veishea acts

Valerie Dennis

Comedian Wayne Brady and pop-rock band Vertical Horizon will take center stage at this spring’s Veishea celebration.Brady, who will entertain crowds at Dew the Rec, can currently be seen on “Whose Line is it Anyway?” Dew the Rec will be held at 9:30 p.m. Friday, April 20 in the Lied Recreation Center.Vertical Horizon, appearing with guest Five for Fighting, will perform at 9:30 p.m. Saturday, April 21 in Hilton Coliseum.Tickets for both events will go on sale at 5 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 22 for students and at 10 a.m. Monday, Feb. 26 for the ISU Cyclone family, which includes faculty, staff, alumni and Ames residents. Dew the Rec tickets will be on sale in the Fisher Theater ticket office, and Vertical Horizon tickets will be available in the Stephen’s Auditorium ticket office. Students may start lining up at noon to purchase tickets for both events.Dew the Rec tickets will be general admission seating. Tickets are $6 for students, who may purchase up to four additional tickets for $10 each. Students must have their fee card and ISU Card to purchase tickets. Non-students may purchase two tickets per person for $10 each, and identification proving they belong to the Cyclone family must be shown at the time of purchase. All tickets will be $15 the day of the show.Vertical Horizon tickets will be reserved seating and will cost $12 for students. Students can buy up to four additional tickets for $20 each. Others may purchase up to three tickets for $20 each with identification.The Veishea entertainment committee put a survey on the organization’s Web site, www.veishea.org, to get student input in the selection process of the comedian and band. Matt Tripp, entertainment co-chairman, said the online survey helped in the selection process.”Vertical Horizon stood out as a band ISU students wanted to see,” said Tripp, senior in agricultural business. “Our big push this year was to get more student input, and it turned out well. With both events we looked for something that would appeal to everyone in the Cyclone family, and these events should appeal to everyone.”Dave Adickes, entertainment co-chairman, said he is confident the acts will be popular for Veishea.”With the acts being on network television and the local radio, they are more well known,” said Adickes, senior in agricultural systems technology. “These are both up-and-coming acts, and with the cheap ticket prices it’s a great deal for students.”