One exec position open for IRHA

Amber Billings

A new finance director will be seated at the Inter-Residence Hall Association’s meeting tonight, leaving only one executive position left to fill. Kristy Stallmann, sophomore in political science, is slated to be promoted to IRHA finance director after serving as the Richardson Court Association treasurer for one month. A bill asking for her appointment will be presented at the meeting. “I think they looked at my credentials and thought I was the best person for the job,” Stallmann said. Stallmann said her background includes being her 4-H and church group treasurer, and serving on the appointment committee for the Government of the Student Body. “It’s going to be a new challenge because there’s going to be a lot more to deal with, but I think I’m going to like the structure,” she said. The other executive chair that needs to be filled is the director of academic affairs. IRHA President Paul Duncan said IRHA will be seeking people for the position soon. “The person needs to be a member of the Order of Rose and Chessman,” he said. IRHA adviser Ginger Olson said the Order of Rose and Chessman is a society that honors student achievement and excellence in the residence halls. “To be inducted, students need leadership experience in the Department of Residence like being on their house cabinet, an RA [resident assistant] or involved in student government,” she said. The IRHA Academic Affairs Committee is in charge of appointing students to the honor society. Students may fill out an application or be nominated by someone else. “The order is there to honor the top 1 percent of student leaders across the nation,” Olson said.