Ivy College of Business names Valentina Salotti new associate dean

Courtesy of the Ivy College of Business

Valentina Salotti, associate professor of finance in Iowa State’s Ivy College of Business, has been named the new associate dean for undergraduate programs. 

Annelise Wells

Valentina Salotti, associate professor of finance, has been named the new associate dean for the Ivy College of Business undergraduate programs.

Jackie Rees Ulmer previously held the position and will now serve as associate dean for professional master’s programs in the college. 

Associate deans are appointed to three-year terms and Salotti’s term is effective immediately. 

Salotti will help lead and connect career services, undergraduate programs and the communication center, according to a press release, in addition to coordinating with universities and faculty abroad. 

“As a first-generation college student, I would have benefited greatly from the types of programs for which this position will be responsible,” Salotti said in a press release. “These programs make the complexities of both academic and professional work accessible to the uninitiated and help those with a solid foundation thrive in our college and out in industry.”

Salotti studied banking, finance and economics at the University of Bologna in Italy. She has been a faculty member in the Ivy College of Business for more than a decade. 

“Valentina has been a tremendous asset to the college,” said David Spalding, Raisbeck Endowed Dean, in a press release. “She has been a role model for young women in business and has been a positive leader as our college equity adviser.

“In that role, she advises the dean’s office on strategies and best practices to recruit and retain diverse faculty. I look forward to working with Valentina in her new role.”