BREAKING: Scheelhaase named as next offensive coordinator

Collin Maguire

Iowa State wide receivers/running backs coach Nate Scheelhaase talks to reporters at media day on Aug. 6, 2021, at Jack Trice Stadium.

Andrew Harrington, Sports Editor

Iowa State football has promoted Nate Scheelhaase to the offensive coordinator position per a press release on Friday.

The news came after the team announced on Friday it would be parting ways with both offensive coordinator Tom Manning and strength and conditioning coach Dave Andrews.

Scheelhaase started off as the wide receivers coach for the Cyclones back in 2018, eventually expanding to also become the running backs coach. Scheelhaase has coached up some Cyclone stars, including Xavier Hutchinson, Breece Hall and David Montgomery.

Scheelhaase will remain as coach of the wide receivers.

Campbell stated his excitement for the change in the press release.

“Nate Scheelhaase is one of the rising stars in college football coaching circles, and I look forward to watching him coordinate the Cyclone offense moving forward,” Campbell said. “He’s an outstanding recruiter who makes a difference in the lives of our student-athletes every day.”

Also in the release was news that offensive line coach Jeff Myers will part ways with the program to pursue other opportunities. Myers was a member of the staff since 2016.

“Jeff has been with our program since we arrived in Ames, and certainly played a role in our success,” Campbell said. “We wish Jeff and his family well in the future.”