Letter from the editor: Welcome to campus

Jacob Rice
Andrew Harrington will serve as the 2023-2024 editor-in-chief of the Iowa State Daily.

Students,

If you are new to Iowa State University, welcome, and if you are returning welcome back.

As your year goes by, there will be many events, decisions and changes you will need to be aware of. We are here at the Iowa State Daily to provide that for you. We are an independent, student-run organization and it is our responsibility to share the information you need to know.

The Daily Dose will be emailed to you frequently, providing you one location for all of your content needs. Whether you are interested in decisions made by the school, how Iowa State’s sports teams are doing or what is happening with local government, we will provide all of that information.

If you believe we should cover something on campus or feel we have failed to properly cover something, please reach out. In addition, joining the Daily will provide plenty of opportunities for people to write, take photos and more. Reach out to me at [email protected] for questions regarding either of these things.

Reflecting on my experience as I enter my final year at Iowa State, the things you learn in the classroom are vital and will help you down the road, what you learn about yourself is the true value I have found.

I am just one of the many people on campus that does not know where I will end up in college, but I have learned the value of true friendships and finding something you love. When I joined the Daily I was unsure of how far it would take me, and my doubts were quickly put to rest.

Find something that you enjoy and do everything you can to make the most of the opportunities you are provided.