Letter from the opinion editor: Calling for columnists

Courtesy of Unsplash

Dear Daily readers,

I hope this letter reaches you well.

Although this point in the semester is hectic, I still want those interested in writing to consider being a columnist for the opinion section here at the Daily.

It is a low-stress and fun opportunity to express your viewpoints and acquire feedback from readers. Additionally, you will have access to free writer/reporter training that can help you refine your writing even more.

As I have mentioned in previous letters, depending on what you write about, the feedback you receive will be more or less positive. This should not deter you from participating. In fact, basic columns have the capacity to do a lot of good.

Columns have the ability to generate new conversations and force people to contend with their deepest assumptions about the world. We all know how important this is right now. As college students, we have an immeasurable effect on public opinion. This does not mean we must have unified views, but we should be unified to support the right to express these views on campus. 

I hope you will join us in this endeavor and become a columnist.

Good luck with midterms, everyone.

Sincerely,

Caleb

Email: [email protected]