Wild Kratts to perform live at Stephens Auditorium

Stars of hit shows such as “Wild Kratts,” “Zoboomafoo” and “Be the Creature,” Martin Kratt and Chris Kratt will be performing live on Iowa State’s campus as part of their Wild Kratts 2.0 tour. The event will take place at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday in Stephens Auditorium.

Wild Kratts Live 2.0 is a theatrical stage show based on the Emmy-nominated television series “Wild Kratts.” The duo behind the show will hit the stage ready to engage with audience members in one of their classic adventures, as they confront a comic villain and help bring creatures of the animal world to safety.

“The experience includes the Kratt brothers on stage and sharing astounding creature fundamentals with the infectious excitement and inspiring quest of their hit television show,” said Tammy Koolbeck, a Stephens Auditorium affiliate. 

While the show is targeted toward toddlers and young adults, individuals who grew up watching the Kratts are encouraged to come for a nostalgic and lighthearted experience.

“We were looking to add a family show to this year’s Stephens Performing Arts Series, and Wild Kratts had sold out Stephens in 2016, so we checked in back in just about a year ago around mid-November and found a date that would work for Ames,” Koolbeck said.

Since 2014, the Wild Kratts have performed over 225 shows for hundreds of thousands of fans in over 135 cities across North America.

While there will not be any live animals at the show itself, wildlife ambassadors from the Iowa Wildlife Center (IWC) will be visiting with audience members before the show and during intermission on the main floor of Stephens Auditorium.

The night of entertainment will kick off with two pre-show speakers: Jenna Waag, IWC’s wildlife care manager, and Tammy Rons, IWC’s wildlife rehabilitator and senior volunteer. The two are scheduled to speak in the Celebrity Café from 5:55 to 6:15 p.m.

Tickets to the show are available on Ticketmaster starting at $28. Audience members are encouraged to purchase tickets prior to the performance.