Two-time NCAA qualifier Kysen Terukina arrested for violation of probation

Jacob Rice/Iowa State Daily
Kysen Terukina wins his match 8-3 over North Dakota State’s Lucas Rodriguez in the Cyclones’ 26-9 victory over the Bison on Jan. 23, 2022.

Two-time NCAA qualifier Iowa State wrestler Kysen Terukina turned himself in to the Story County Jail on Tuesday morning following a probation violation that resulted in a warrant being issued according to Capt. Nicholas Lennie.

According to Lennie, the Hawaii native’s probation stemmed from driving with his license revoked. After being read his warrant by staff at the Story County Jail, Terukina was bailed out on a cash bond of $1,000 at 2 p.m. Tuesday.

The Iowa State Athletic Department is aware of the situation but as of Tuesday night, declined to comment on Terukina’s arrest.

According to court records, Terukina’s first offense of operating while under the influence (OWI) was on July 7, 2021, and he was convicted on Oct. 28, 2021. Terukina was sentenced to two days in jail and a fine of $1,250.

In February 2023, Terukina was charged with driving with a denied or revoked license and a second offense of OWI. Terukina was sentenced to one year of probation in November after being convicted of driving with a denied or revoked license but had his OWI charge dismissed.

Terukina was also charged with failing to obey a stop sign and yield the right of way Feb. 5, 2023, which was dismissed Nov. 8, 2023.