Cleo Westin selected as 2024-25 academic year editor-in-chief

Landscape+Architecture+building+home+of+the+Iowa+State+Daily+on+Aug.+18%2C+2023.+
Joseph Dicklin
Landscape Architecture building home of the Iowa State Daily on Aug. 18, 2023.

The Iowa State Daily Publication Board selected Cleo Westin to serve as the editor-in-chief of the Iowa State Daily for the 2024-25 academic year.

Iowa State Daily politics editor Cleo Westin on April 3, 2024, in the Landscape Architecture building. (Joseph Dicklin)

Starting at the Daily in fall 2022, Westin has served as a politics reporter, summer news editor and became politics editor during the spring 2024 semester.

Westin’s strategic plan involved exploring new ways to present news to students, faculty and members of the Ames community, including potentially creating a mobile app and making changes to the print product.

Westin said the Ames community can expect to have an editor-in-chief who is a familiar face.

“Expect to have someone that they’ve talked to before,” Westin said. “I think that I’ve created a lot of connections throughout the Ames community and the Iowa State community.”

For those that have not spoken with Westin in the past, she said she is willing to meet with anyone interested.