Cyclones finish strong on final day of the Drake Relays

Camryn+Hubbard+finishes+the+800m+race+at+the+Drake+Relays+on+April+25%2C+2024.+
Elizabeth Lane
Camryn Hubbard finishes the 800m race at the Drake Relays on April 25, 2024.

The Cyclones concluded the Drake Relays after finding success in various events against tough competitors.

After winning the men’s shot put and men’s 800-meter relay Friday, the Cyclones aimed to end the four-day competition on a high note.

Starting off strong in the men’s 800-meter dash, Darius Kipyego placed second overall with a time of 1:46.27. Following closely behind, Finley McLear placed fourth overall with a time of 1:46.81.

In the women’s 400-meter relay, Brooklyn Sandvig, Rachel Joseph, Cameron Moon and Camryn Hubbard worked together to secure fourth place with a time of 3:37.11, the fifth-fastest performance in Iowa State history.

In the men’s javelin throw, freshman Nathan Vincent placed sixth overall with a throw of 54.99 meters. Close behind, sophomore Clyde Hendrix placed 12th overall with a throw of 52.85 meters.

In the men’s 110-meter hurdles, Jack Latham took home eighth place with a time of 14.65.

The Cyclones concluded the four-day event with three wins under their belt and will look to continue their success during the ISU Alumni Invitational on May 3.