Cyclone men’s golf tied for lead after second day at Stockton Regional

Richard Martinez/Iowa State Daily

Iowa State men’s golf assistant coach Chad Keohane watches over the team as they practice at ISU’s golf performance facility south of campus. With a 7:2 player to coach ratio, ISU men’s golfers are able to receive individual instruction as needed

Noah Rohlfing

Iowa State’s men’s golf team continued to shine at the Stockton Regional Tuesday, ending the day tied for the lead with No. 7 Alabama at -14. 

The Cyclones are safely within the top five spots heading into the final day following their team score of 4-under-par 284. The top five teams from each regional qualify for the NCAA Championships. 

The Cyclones were led on day two by senior Denzel Ieremia. Ieremia shot a 4-under-par 68 with six birdies and two bogeys. Ieremia is now -8 through two rounds and sits in third place on the individual leaderboard. 

Sophomore Sam Vincent shot a 2-under-par 70 to get to -6 for the regional, good enough for a tie for sixth place on the individual leaderboard. 

Freshman Lachlan Barker shot a one-over-par 73, while freshman Frank Lindwall and sophomore Tripp Kinney shot a 2-over-par 74s to round out the Cyclones’ scores. 

No. 43 Kansas sits third on the team leaderboard at -13, while No. 18 Stanford (-8) and No. 31 TCU (-7) make up the rest of the top five. 

The Cyclones will tee off in third round action tomorrow with a berth in the NCAA Championships on the line.