CyMazing ‘Race’ to return for third year

Jessica Kalahar/Iowa State Daily

A team receives and reads a clue that will send it to its next destination during the CyMazing Race on April 18, 2015.

Lesa Wicks

Looking to test your mental and physical health? The third annual CyMazing Challenge will take place at 11 a.m. April 9 at the ISU Alumni Center.

The challenge, which is similar to the TV series “The Amazing Race,” will test participants’ skill, physique and knowledge about Iowa State University. 

Students will travel in teams around campus to different locations such as Jack Trice Stadium, State Gym and the Memorial Union. It is recommended that participants wear athletic attire and team members wear similar clothing to be recognized as a team. 

Participants will receive a t-shirt and Insomnia Cookies at the event. Students who are interested can gather a group of four and register individually before Friday.

Former student Kallie Kollmorgen said in 2015 that she considered the challenge her “practice” because she planned on applying for the TV series in the future. 

“I used to watch the show when I was little, and it’s a fun challenge; it looks interesting,” Emily Soyer, senior in accounting, said at the time.  

Tasks usually have a creative twist. In 2015, the event included a race, a task of blowing cups off a table with a balloon, passing a birdie back and forth with clipboards while running across the parking lot and trying to pour a 2-liter bottle full of mints into another bottle. 

If you have any questions, email [email protected]. Register on the alumni website.