CyFactor returns to Iowa State

Courtesy of the ISU Homecoming Central Commitee

Students performed in the 2014 CyFactor at the Maintenance Shop.

Andi Schieszler

CyFactor will be making a reappearance this year during homecoming week for a free event at 7 p.m. on Tuesday Oct. 27, at the ISU Alumni Center in the Rieman Center.

“[CyFactor] was created last year as a new way to involve people on campus,” said Keaton Mohr, one of the people on the campus involvement committee.

The ISU Homecoming Central Committee created CyFactor in 2014 as a way to involve students who weren’t a part of the Greek community in homecoming week. Mohr said a lot of students just view homecoming as a Greek life event. The Alumni Center wanted to involve all students in homecoming week.

CyFactor is a talent contest that only involves ISU students. Students who wanted to participate had to audition and approximately 15 acts will be performing. Acts are allowed a 10-minute time frame.

“[CyFactor] is a unique event, there aren’t any other talent competitions around,” Mohr said.

Students are judged in multiple categories including originality and overall performance. Over 30 acts auditioned including music acts, dancers, baton twirlers and magicians. Any type of act was allowed to audition for CyFactor.

Three winners will be chosen and receive a prize. A panel of judges will choose the winners.

Last year about 170 people attended the event in the Maintenance Shop.

For more information on Cy-Factor visit the Facebook page on the event.