2014 Women Impacting Iowa State calendar unveiled

Matthew Rezab

The 2015 Women Impacting ISU calendar was unveiled today in the Sun Room at the Memorial Union by the Carrie Chapman Catt Center for Women and Politics on Jan. 14.

Initiated in 2007 by the Catt Associates, a student leadership organization, the Women Impacting ISU calendar was developed as a tribute to current students, faculty and staff who distinguished themselves through their accomplishments at Iowa State. 

Three students and nine faculty/staff members are featured on the calendar each year. The women were chosen by a selection committee based on their achievements in teaching, research, service, administration and various other campus activities. 

Students selected for the 2014 calendar are:

• Julia Anderson-Lee, graduate student in mathematics
  • Andrea Dvorak, senior in civil engineering
  • Presha Kardile, senior in management.

Faculty and staff selected are:

• Jean Anderson, director of the dietetics internship program and adjunct instructor and senior clinician of dietetics
  • Carolyn Cutrona, professor and chair of the department of psychology
  • Dorothy Masinde, associate director and internship coordinator for nutrition education in the Center for Sustainable Rural Livelihoods and lecturer in global resource systems
  • Ana Prokos, associate professor of sociology and women’s and gender studies and gerontology faculty associate
  • Diane Rover, professor of electrical and computer engineering, faculty director of the SP@ISU program and alliance director of IINSPIRE. 
  • Jane Agyeman, director of the TRiO Upward Bound and Educational Talent Search programs
  • Maura Flaschner, associate director of freshman admission
  • Carol Heaverlo, director of professional development for Extension and Outreach
  • Nicci Port, administrative specialist I in the College of Human Sciences.

All information provided by the Carrie Chapman Center for Women and Politics.