Young acts come to M-Shop this week

Jason Speed

The Maintenance Shop will host three concerts this week including From Indian Lakes, Zion I with ProbCause and Lenny Cooper.

From Indian Lakes formed in 2009 in Indian Lakes, Calif. Joey Vannucchi is the band’s primary singer/songwriter and is also the multi-instrumentalist behind the band’s recordings.

From Indian Lakes will perform at 8 p.m. Sept. 10 with doors opening at 7:30 p.m. Tickets cost $11 for the general public or $7 for students with their ISUCards in advance. There is a $2 increase for tickets on the day of the show.

Zion I and ProbCause are two different acts that will perform Sept. 11. Zion I is based out of Oakland, Calif., and recently released its EP, Libations, which is the second of a three-part series. ProbCause is based out of Chicago and became interested in hip-hop as a teenager and released his first recording at the age of 18.

Zion I and ProbCause will take the stage at 8 p.m. Sept. 11 with doors opening at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $17 for the general public and $12 for ISU students. This show will also have a $2 increase on the day of the show.

Lenny Cooper wrote a song when he was 17 about his favorite thing to do — mud bogging — called “Mud Digger.” Cooper made a home recording of “Mud Digger” and uploaded it on Youtube. The video gained attention and before long, Cooper signed with Colt Ford’s Average Joe’s music label. Cooper released his debut album titled “Diesel Fuel” in 2012 and released the follow up album “Mud Dynasty” in 2013.

On Sept. 12, Lenny Cooper will perform at 9 p.m. with doors opening at 8:30 p.m. This show costs $15 for the general public and $10 for ISU students. Like the previous shows, this will also have a $2 increase on the day of the show.

The M-Shop is celebrating its 40th year since opening in 1974. George Potter, a co-director of the M-Shop committee, said the committee decides on which acts will perform.

“We book it based on what we think the students will want,” Potter said. “We will have some shows geared toward the public, but 90 percent of the shows we book are for the students.

“We try to do every genre because we have over 30,000 students here. We want to cater to as many as possible.”