Saige Heyer

Benjamin Franklin once said, “In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes.” Those and charges to your U-Bill during your time at Iowa State.

The U-Bill, the university’s billing system, is where things such as your tuition and fees, dining and unpaid parking tickets are charged to you. You can charge some things to your U-Bill as well, including extra CyCash, Dining Dollars and your textbooks and school supplies.

To view your U-Bill, sign on to AccessPlus and click Account/U-Bill on the left side of the page. Here you can view your monthly activity, previous statements and your student loan history, to name a few. You can also do thing such as authorize aid, get your tax info — 1098T — and sign up for direct deposits, a monthly payment plan and payroll deduction.

There are different ways to pay your U-Bill: electronic payment online, check or certified funds. If you choose to do the electronic payment, make sure you have your bank’s routing number and your account number ready. If you are paying by check or certified funds, you can either leave your payment in the dropbox behind the Student Answer Center in Beardshear Hall or mail it to ISU Treasurer’s Office, 1220 Beardshear Hall, Ames, IA 50011.

If you’re receiving financial aid, it will be released on or after Aug. 20 for the fall semester, Jan. 20 for the spring semester and May 20 for the summer semester. These are the same days your U-Bill is to be paid in full if paying by the semester. If you are paying out-of-pocket and need to break up your U-Bill, you can sign up for monthly payments by signing up on AccessPlus or calling the accounts receivable office at 515-294-7388 if the enrollment deadline has passed. The deadlines for monthly payment plans are as follows:

• 12-month plan: April 17

• 11-month plan: May 16

• 10-month plan: June 18

• Nine-month plan: July 17

For more information about your U-Bill, visit www.ubill.iastate.edu/u-bill or call the accounts receivable office.