Tom Short returns to ISU to spread his good word

Tom Short, while answering questions from students, accepts an apology from Marquis Rochelle, who disrupted his preaching Wednesday outside Parks Library. 

Photo: Logan Gaedke/Iowa State Daily

Katelynn Mccollough

Tom Short, who describes himself as a “campus evangelist,” will be on campus sharing the gospel and answering students questions on Monday and Tuesday.

Short will be located in front of the Hub in the Free Speech Zone, as he has been for the past several years.

Short began traveling from university to university across the United States discussing the matter of faith in 1994.

In the past, Short’s visit to campus has drawn individuals who either support, protest or wish to debate the subjects presented. 

According to Short’s website, it is his “hope and prayer that you, too, will come to Jesus Christ in such a way as to experience the love, forgiveness and life He has in store for you.”

It is estimated that Short has visited over 100 universities across the nation since he began. He is also expanding to university students in both Europe and India.

Short has also written a book titled “Five Crucial Questions about Christianity” and two evangelical magazines “The Truth Test” and “Why Jesus.”

Short will be continuing on to Omaha, Neb., after his visit to Iowa State.