Cyclones in the NFL: Week 14

Iowa State defensive end Will McDonald watches from the sideline against No. 10 Iowa on Sept. 11, 2021.

Brock Purdy

Purdy had yet another stellar performance in the 49ers’ 28-16 win over their divisional rival the Seahawks, which kept San Francisco atop the league.

Weirdly enough, Purdy threw for and completed the same amount of passes he did last Sunday in his win over the Eagles, as he completed 19 of his 27 passes for 368 yards with two touchdown passes and an interception.

Purdy posted yet again a completion rating over 70%, while also keeping the league lead for quarterback rating (QBR) finishing with a rating of 122.1. With no signs of slowing down, Purdy and the 49ers are rolling past their competition with each week that passes by.

Breece Hall

Hall once again found more success in the receiving game in the Jets’ 30-6 win over the Texans, as his role in the passing game only seems to be growing.

Hall finished his day with 10 carries for 40 yards, while also catching eight passes for 86 yards, one of which went for a three-yard touchdown.

His 86 receiving yards mark his season high, as the Jets continue to find different ways to utilize Hall in their offense.

Will McDonald IV

McDonald recorded his first career solo sack in the Jets’ win on Sunday, as he sacked Texans quarterback Davis Mills for a three-yard loss with four minutes left in the fourth quarter.

McDonald had already registered a half-sack earlier this season, but this was the first one he got by himself.

It was another game where McDonald saw more snaps on the defensive side of the ball than on special teams, as the Jets are starting to find a use for him on their defense.

David Montgomery

Montgomery failed to continue his four-game streak of scoring at least one rushing touchdown, as the Lions fell to the Bears Sunday.

While playing his former team for the second time this season, Montgomery carried the ball 10 times for 66 yards, while catching three passes for 19 yards.

As Montgomery continues to compete with rookie running back Jahmyr Gibbs, Montgomery will certainly look to get back to his scoring ways in the coming weeks.

Xavier Hutchinson

Hutchinson saw the most snaps he has taken with Houston, as he was out on the field for 73% of its plays. The previous best was back in week two where he only participated in 21% of the Texans’ snaps.

Now this does not come as a surprise, as Houston has dealt with a few of its wide receivers going down with injury. Nico Collins was the most recent receiver to go down with an injury that ended up giving Hutchinson more time on the field Sunday.

While Houston struggled to get the passing game going versus the Jets, Hutchinson still caught two passes for 15 yards which led to him being the third-highest receiver on the day.

Charlie Kolar & Jake Hummel

Kolar and Hummel contributed the same amount on the stat sheet after playing against each other.

Both Kolar and Hummel each recorded a single solo tackle in the Ravens’ thrilling 37-31 overtime win over the Rams.

Kolar was involved in the Ravens’ offensive scheme on Sunday but had no passes targeted to him from quarterback Lamar Jackson.

Hummel’s tackle came once again in the special teams unit for the Rams, as Los Angeles could not fit him into its defensive scheme.

Anthony Johnson Jr.

Johnson once again saw a lesser role in the Packers’ loss to the Giants on Monday night, as he did not have a single snap on defense this time around.

He did however see a small uptick in special teams snaps, as he was on the field for 10 of their plays.

View Comments (1)
$2700
$2500