Jubilee Gospel Choir holds final concert of semester

Iowa+States+Jubilee+Gospel+Choir+serenades+students+and+guest+on+the+Park+Library+stairs.+Iowa+State+University+Park+Library+Front+Lawn%2C+
Abigail Wamhoff
Iowa State’s Jubilee Gospel Choir serenades students and guest on the Park Library stairs. Iowa State University Park Library Front Lawn,

Jubilee Concert Choir at Iowa State will be hosting its final concert of the semester at 3 p.m. Sunday at Friendship Baptist Church.

“We’ve been preparing for a long while,” Timmie Abikoye, a freshman in pre-architecture and a member of Jubilee said. “It’s just the fact that what we do in our little Carver 308 room is finally coming out to everyone, which is the greatest part of it.”

The student organization is in its second year of operation, with this being its fourth end-of-semester concert.

Jubilee members said they are excited to sing both their new pieces of music that they have been working hard on, but also staple pieces that make the group feel whole.

“I’m excited for the people who come because each of us invited our own friends and family,” Bradley Bittok, a senior in graphic design and the bass guitar player for Jubilee said. “As a collective, we have a whole crowd of new people with a diverse background. I think it’s a great way to get the community together. Each event is a great chance for someone to try something new.”

The final concert is free for all attendees and requires no dress code. Free-will donations are encouraged.

“I think the talent that Jubilee has is what pulled me closer to it,” Abikoye said. “Everyone here is talented and it’s just amazing. We’re all from different backgrounds… and it’s just great, the mix. I like how everyone really is welcome regardless of where they’re from.”

More information can be found on the organization’s Instagram.