Iowa State women’s basketball lands TCU transfer Sydney Harris

Joseph Dicklin
Coach Bill Fennelly debates a travel call charged to Iowa State during the Big 12 Tournament final against Texas on March 12, 2024, in the T-Mobile Center.

With some roster spots left to fill before the 2024-25 season, the Iowa State women’s basketball team got its first player from the transfer portal as TCU guard Sydney Harris is set to join the team.

Harris played in 16 games last season and averaged 9.4 points and 3.2 rebounds per game. Harris was one of the top 3-point shooters for the Horned Frogs at 40% on the season.

In 16 games, Harris scored 10 or more points eight times. The best performance came Feb. 17 against Cincinnati, with a career-high 27 points on 9-for-20 shooting, and a 5-for-12 finish from beyond the arc.

The 6-foot-1 forward was forced to sit the non-conference portion of the 2023-24 season due to an ankle injury. After returning, Harris did not start any of the games played, contributing off the bench.

TCU did not play Iowa State last season due to an influx of injuries on the Horned Frogs’ roster, so the first time Harris will get a look at the Cyclones will be after joining the team.

Iowa State’s roster for next season now consists of returners Emily Ryan, who will return using a COVID year of eligibility, Audi Crooks, Addy Brown, Arianna Jackson, Kelsey Joens and Alisa Williams.

Incoming freshmen include Johnston, Iowa, native Aili Tanke, who was named the 2023-24 Iowa MaxPreps High School Player of the Year and won the 2024 State Farm College 3-Point Championship. Iowa State will also bring in Reagan Wilson out of Noblesville, Indiana, who averaged 16.9 points per game in high school and shot 37% from 3-point range.

View Comments (1)
$2700
$2500