Iowa State’s Dub-H Club to “Come Alive” this Saturday

Dub-H members run through their routine in preparation for Saturday night’s performance. 

Alison Soelberg

This Saturday, April 14, Iowa State’s Dub-H Hip-Hop Club will be hosting their spring semester showcase “Come Alive” at the Ames City Auditorium at 7 p.m. Tickets are being sold at the Dub-H office in the Memorial Union across from Panda Express.

The club is packed full of 227 dancers who all bring their own style and passion to the table. Some members, like Technology Director Nolan Adair, joined the club to have fun and expand on their hobby of dance, while other members, like President Mariah Koster, joined to continue their lifelong passion for dance.

The hip-hop dance club brings students with diverse dance styles and experience levels together for a fun and upbeat showcase like no other.  

This Saturday’s event is titled “Come Alive” as a play on “The Greatest Showman” and will include 20 dances created by student choreographers.

“This [performance] is about expressing ourselves and having fun,” said Adair. “The best part of the club is that it is inclusive of all styles and experience levels. Everyone can find their passion and their love for [dance].”

The club definitely has a lot in common with their “Greatest Showman” theme, as it is all about coming together and being alive with music and dance.

“It is a place where everyone can come together and love one thing, and that’s dance,” said Koster. “I think music is really powerful, and of course you can learn a lot too.”

The club performs at the end of each semester in a grand showcase at Ames City Auditorium. At the beginning of each semester students can find Dub-H at Clubfest on campus, or on their social media. To join the club, students just have to show up to a workshop or a meeting and then sign up and try out for the dance of their choosing.

“Words cannot explain what this club has done for me and for other people,” said Koster. “If anything just come to one of our workshops, or just try being in the club to see what it’s like. Never be afraid to try something new.”

Tickets for the show are quickly selling out, so those who want to experience the incredible energy and excitement that the club brings to the stage should act quickly.

The performance is this Saturday, April 14 at the Ames City Auditorium at 7 p.m. Tickets are being sold at the Dub-H office in the Memorial Union across from Panda Express.