Weather shortens Iowa State women’s golf tournament play

Then-Iowa State freshman Chayanit Wangmahaporn, or “Kanoon,” and sophomore Celia Barquin partner up during practice. 

Emma Vandemore

The Cyclones traveled to The Woodlands, Texas on Monday to take part in The Dickson tournament. After a rain cancellation on Monday and a shortened tournament round of on 18 holes, the Iowa State women’s golf team finished in ninth place, tied with Mississippi State at The Dickson on Tuesday.

The competition was tough and the Cyclones were beat by Clemson (283), Purdue (288), and Texas A&M (290). Iowa State shot a 299 team score.

Freshman Alanna Campbell led the girls with a low score of 70 which put her in fourth place overall in the tournament. Following closely behind her was Chayanit Wangmahaporn who shot a 71 and placed sixth overall.

The rest of the Cyclones finished the tournament shooting 79 individual scores. After this match and according to Golfstat, Iowa State is ranked No. 23 overall in the NCAA rankings.

The Cyclones will have a month break before their next match. They will be traveling to Rancho Santa Fe, California for March Mayhem.