How and where to vote on Tuesday

ISD

ISD

Alex Hanson

The voter registration deadline for the Ames city elections on Tuesday have passed, but those wishing to vote can still do with several proofs of identification and address on election day.

At the polling place, you must prove who you are and where you live.

To prove who you are, you can present your Iowa drivers license. If you do not have a valid drivers license, you can present a photo ID that is current and valid.

Here is a list of acceptable photo ID’s, according to the Iowa Secretary of State:

• Iowa non-driver ID card
  • Out-of-state driver’s license or non-driver ID card
  • U.S. passport
  • U.S. military ID
  • ID card issued by employer
  • Student ID issued by Iowa high school or college

If you live in a dorm or apartment and your photo ID does not contain your current Ames address, you can use another document to prove your address.

Here is a list of acceptable documents, according to the Iowa Secretary of State:

• Residential lease
  • Utility bill (including a cell phone bill)
  • Bank statement
  • Paycheck
  • Government check or other government document

If you cannot prove who you are and where you live, a registered voter from your precinct can attest for you. You and the attester will be required to sign an oath swearing the statements being made are true.

You can find your exact voting precinct and location at storycountyiowa.gov.

Here are several voting locations for students living in Ames.

• MWL and Richardson Court dorms vote at Maple Hall.
  • Friley, Helser, Martin and Eaton dorms vote at UDCC.
  • Wallace and Wilson dorms vote at University Baptist Church, 2400 Mortensen Parkway.
  • Students living in University West Apartments vote at either Holiday Inn Ames, 2609 University Blvd., or Ames Middle School. Check exactly where here.
  • Students living in Frederiksen Court vote at Fire Service Training Bureau, 3100 Haber Rd. on the ISU campus.
  • Students living in University Village apartments vote at Bethesda Lutheran Church, 1517 Northwestern Ave.
  • Students living University Towers, Legacy and Cyclone Tower in campustown vote at Memorial Lutheran Church, 2228 Lincoln Way.

Be sure to visit our website throughout the day for updates from polling locations around Ames. The Daily will also have results on our website once the polls close and in Wednesday’s print edition.