Iowa State falls against Oklahoma State

Garrett Kroeger

Iowa State extended its losing streak to five as the team fell once again against the Oklahoma State.

The Cowgirls struck early in first when they scored on a wild throw that sailed over the head freshman third baseman Nychole Antillon head and a missed catch by sophomore outfielder Cathlin Bingham to jump out to a 2-0 lead.

The Cowgirls did not let up when Oklahoma State’s freshman Randee O’Donnell blasted a solo home run over the left field wall in the second to extend the lead to 3-0.

In the third, Iowa State made a pitching change as senior Stacy Roggentien replaced sophomore Katie Johnson. The Cowgirls extended their lead to 4-0 when Roggentien hit the OSU batter with the bases loaded.

Oklahoma State extended its lead in the third when senior Shelby Davis brought home two OSU runners to make the score 7-0. After that, Iowa State decided to make another pitching change in the third when the team replaced Roggentien with senior Paris Imholz.

In the fourth, Oklahoma State tacked on another run to its lead when junior Tiffany Mikkelson hit a solo home run to make the score 8-0.

The bleeding did not stop there for Iowa State, as Oklahoma State blasted a three-run home run in the fifth to make the score 11-0.

The Cyclones finally got on board in the fifth when Bingham crossed home plate to make the score 11-1.

Oklahoma State went on to beat the Cyclones in five innings.

Iowa State will attempt to snap its losing streak at 12 p.m. Saturday against Oklahoma State at the Cyclone Sports Complex.