Lindell Wigginton named affiliate player for Iowa Wolves

Kennedy DeRaedt/Iowa State Daily

University of Kansas junior forward Mitch Lightfoot fouls on sophomore guard Lindell Wigginton during the first half of the Big 12 Championship. Wigginton did not make any of his free throw shots. Iowa State won against University of Kansas on March 16 at the Sprint Center in Kansas City, MO.

Noah Rohlfing

Lindell Wigginton is going to be staying in Iowa for a while this season. The former Cyclones guard has been named an affiliate player for the NBA G League Iowa Wolves, according to a press release. 

Wigginton was a guard for Iowa State for two seasons, averaging 16.7 points per game in his freshman season and was put on the Big 12 All-Newcomer team. A foot injury delayed the start of his sophomore season, and he came off the bench for most of the year. Wigginton’s numbers then dropped, averaging 13.5 points per contest, although he did win Big 12 Sixth Man of the Year.

Wigginton went undrafted in June’s NBA Draft but signed an Exhibit 10 contract with the Minnesota Timberwolves in the offseason. He was waived last week, but the Wolves grabbed his affiliate rights and he’ll be playing in Des Moines this year.