Iowa State caps off regular season, hosts ISU Alumni Open

Levi+Taylor+runs+through+the+finish+line+at+the+Drake+Relays+on+April+25%2C+2024.+
Elizabeth Lane
Levi Taylor runs through the finish line at the Drake Relays on April 25, 2024.

The Iowa State Cyclones will be competing in two events this weekend in the final week of the regular season.

Some athletes will be in Ames at the ISU Alumni Open, and some will be traveling to College Park, Maryland, to compete in the Kehoe Twilight. The Cyclones look to finish the regular season strong and carry the momentum they found from the Drake Relays into the two events over the weekend.

The Cyclones will have their work cut out for them over the weekend. In the ISU Alumni Open, the Cyclones will be up against the Western Illinois Leathernecks.

The Leathernecks found success in the Drake Relays as well. Western Illinois long jumpers all placed high in the event.

For the athletes that are heading to Maryland, they will be met with a stacked field. The host team, Maryland, had a great meet last weekend where it won six different events and was dominant in relay races.

The Cyclones will also have to watch out for Towson. Towson had a good showing over the past weekend that saw it win two events and place top-five in seven other events.

The Kehoe Twilight starts Friday in College Park, Maryland. The ISU Alumni Open begins Friday in Ames, Iowa.