Leath assembles Veishea task force

William Dyke

The list of members for President Steven Leath’s Veishea Task Force was released April 17, containing university faculty, former Veishea committee leaders, ISU alumni, Ames police and current students.

The task force is set to meet over the next several weeks to formulate a recommendation for Veishea’s continued celebration. 

The original deadline — the end of the spring 2014 semester — has been pushed back to “sometime in the summer,” according to Government of the Student Body President Hillary Kletscher during an address to April 16’s GSB Senate meeting attendees. However, no definite timeline has been set. Kletscher has said that as a representative of students, she would encourage student feedback via email.

Also on the task force is Jeff Woody, graduate student in biomedical sciences and co-president of the Student Athlete Advisory Committee. Woody wrote a blog post denouncing the April 8 riot during Veishea. 

Sophia Magill, the 2004 GSB president, will also serve on the task force. Magill is a 2005 ISU alumna and assistant director of federal relations, and she served on the committee that canceled the 2005 Veishea celebrations after the 2004 riot. 

To give feedback to the task force, you can contact GSB President Kletscher at [email protected] or the task force directly at [email protected].