Veishea releases LIVE@VEISHEA lineup

Ludacris will perform at LIVE@VEISHEA on April 12 along with Twenty One Pilots, Cris Cab, Cassadee Pope, Jamie Lynn Spears and Sara Haze.

Dominic Spizzirri

Once again Veishea is coming this April 7-12 and the LIVE@VEISHEA lineup is as strong as ever. 

“We chose them to appeal to the largest amount of the population we can,” said entertainment co-chairman of Veishea, Mitchell Kenne. “People should be excited … we have some new exciting groups and we have Ludacris who is pretty well established and popular in our generation.”

Without further ado, here are the artists:

Ludacris first gained worldwide acclaim more than 10 years ago with his debut album, “Back for the First Time,” and he stars in many films such as the “Fast and the Furious” franchise. Ever since, he has had a number of dynamic performances and timeless music hits, including “Stand Up,” “Get Back,” “Number One Spot,” “Money Maker,” “My Chick Bad” and “Rest of My Life.” With the upcoming release of “LUDAVERSAL” fans can look forward to more great music from Ludacris.

For fans of: Snoop Dogg, Lil Jon, Usher

Timeflies released its debut album “The Scotch Tape” in 2011 and since then gained popularity by starting “Timeflies Tuesday,” a series in which the duo is able to stay connected with fans by releasing remixes, performing live covers and freestyling over original beats. Its second EP, entitled “Warning Signs,” was released in late 2013 and features the singles “I Choose U” and “All The Way.”

For fans of: 3OH!3, Hoodie Allen, Sammy Adams

Andy Grammer emerged in 2012 as one of the biggest success stories in the music business. He performed on “Jimmy Kimmel Live,” “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno” and “Good Morning America.”  He shared the stage with Taylor Swift, Train and Colbie Caillat, and he is the first male pop star since John Mayer in 2002 to reach the Top 10 on Adult Pop Radio with his first two singles, “Keep Your Head Up” and “Fine By Me.”

For fans of: Train, John Mayer, Parachute

Cassadee Pope debuted “Frame by Frame” in the upper echelon on the Billboard charts — No. 1 Top Country Albums and Top 10 all-genre Top Albums — after winning season 3 of NBC’s “The Voice.” Cassadee is one of only two solo women in the past five years to top the country chart with a debut release. Selling over 1.7 million tracks to date, the petite powerhouse also made an impressive ascension to the No. 1 spot on the iTunes Country charts with her Republic Nashville debut album and gold-certified lead single “Wasting All These Tears.”

For fans of: Carrie Underwood, Taylor Swift, Hunter Hayes

Twenty One Pilots is a group based out of Columbus, Ohio, that has been selling out venues in its hometown. The duo signed to Fueled By Ramen, after being courted by over a dozen labels. For its label debut “Vessel,” the duo merged elements of hip-hop, indie rock and punk like in “Car Radio,” “Holding On To You” and “House of Gold.”

For fans of: Neon Trees, Fall Out Boy, Walk the Moon

David Cook won the American Idol crown in season seven and went on to sell over 1 million copies of his self-titled debut album. His songs have sold over 2 million tracks and ringtones combined. Cook’s Idol coronation single, “The Time of My Life,” was certified platinum and is not only the biggest single debut but also the highest-selling coronation single in the show’s history.

For fans of: 3 Doors Down, Daughtry, Kris Allen

Jamie Lynn Spears is already a seasoned entertainment veteran at 22 years old, following in the footsteps of her sister, Britney Spears. Her official music debut is a country ballad, “How Could I Want More.” The song was written by Jamie Lynn Spears along with Nashville songwriter Rivers Rutherford.

For fans of: Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson

Cris Cab became a musician with his feet in old and new worlds: the U.S. and the Caribbean.  He takes influence from The Police, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Bob Marley, Jimmy Cliff and Gregory Isaacs. His most popular video was a cover of Wiz Khalifa’s “Black and Yellow.” 2012 saw the release of Cris Cab’s full-length mixtape, “Echo Boom,” featuring the single “Good Girls.”

For fans of: Hoodie Allen, Sublime, Chiddy Bang

Down With Webster is a six-member Canadian rap-rock band from The Beaches area of Toronto. Originally formed for a middle school talent show, the group signed with Universal Motown after releasing “Time to Win, Volume 1.” Three songs were certified platinum in Canada with its song “Rich Girl$” and “Your Man.” In 2013, it released “Party For Your Life,” which would later be released as the title track from its upcoming album due to drop in January 2014.

For fans of: 3OH!3, Forever the Sickest Kids, All Time Low

Paradise Fears is a six-piece pop rock group from Vermillion, S.D. After recording its debut EP, “The Secret to Dropping Out,” these high school seniors quickly tore through the Midwest in 2009. The group has since released its most recent EP, “Battle Scars.” Along with its original music, the band has released several covers on YouTube, including a cover of “Payphone” by Maroon 5, which has accumulated over 2.8 million views.

For fans of: The Cab, The Maine, The Summer Set

Sara Haze grew up in Orange County, Calif., and started writing and recording her own music at the age of 14. She has had over 100 film and TV placements, including “Safe Haven,” “The Hills” and “America’s Next Top Model.” In May 2013, Sara made a debut at the Grand Ole Opry. Sara’s latest album is titled “My Personal Sky.

For fans of: Colbie Caillat, Little Big Town, Gloriana

Luke Christopher is an LA-based rapper, singer, songwriter and producer who started in a makeshift studio that was under his bunk bed. Christopher has a unique and innovative sound with a feel good element from the old school soul he samples.  He has a large following on YouTube with some of his popular tracks including “The Alphabet,” “On Fire,” “Hell Of A Rhyme” and “The Social Network.”

For fans of: Asher Roth, Sean Kingston, Whiz Khalifa

Other free entertainment as part of Veishea consists of comedian David Koechner, Cyclone Idol hosted by Kristian Bush of Sugarland, Club Veishea, a hypnotist, the Regurgitator and the “Veishea Says I’m Funny” student comedy competition. Club Veishea features DJs, electronic dance music and will be headlined by Shaun Frank on Friday evening. 

Students with a valid student ID can buy tickets at this website through MidwesTIX. 12,000 tickets will be available per night (Friday and Saturday). These tickets will be available to students, faculty, staff and alumni beginning on Jan. 27 until 4 p.m. April 11. Tickets sold during this time to anyone with a valid ISU ID number will be at a special rate. A person can purchase up to five tickets at $20 for a single night or $25 for both nights.

Any tickets sold after this point on April 11 or 12 will be $25 per night, with no discount for purchasing tickets on both nights. These tickets will be sold online and on site.

Tickets for alumni can be purchased through the ISU Alumni Association.

ISU alumni may contact the ISU Alumni Association for ticket availability on Jan. 27. 

Tickets will will be switched at the concert venue for wristbands and the concerts will be held at the outdoor venue, rain or shine. All tickets will be nonrefundable.

MidwesTIX has a $2 service fee for online purchases, as well as a three percent processing fee.