Students chosen for Stephens Street Team

Nicole Presley

The members for Stephens Street Team were chosen Friday, Oct. 4.

The marketing staff at Stephens Auditorium had come up with the idea of a street team at their weekly meetings.

Katelyn McDermott, an Iowa State Center marketing intern, and Lisa Maubach, an advertising and promotions coordinator, sorted through almost 50 applications and chose 20 students to interview.

After two days of interviewing the 20 students, 14 made the final cut. The new members of the Stephens Street Team received their email at noon Friday, Oct. 4. 

The students chosen for the street team were:

Freshmen Kendal Gast, Tyler Tweeten, Hassan Deer, Conner Debban, Maggie Jennett, Ellen Justis; sophomores Emily Zapotocny, Erin Weirup; juniors Jamie Lauten, Heidi Steger, Ashley Atwood, Heather Kline, Kelsey Duff; and senior Rachel Irwin. 

McDermott and Maubach chose responsible and hardworking students who showed dedication to the Performing Art Series and the organization.

“We were looking for students who had a passion for the performing arts and were excited about sharing that passion with other students at Iowa State,” McDermott said.

The first show that street team is promoting is Memphis The Musical which comes to Stephens auditorium Oct. 24. 

The street team will start passing out flyers and chalking the sidewalk to inform students about the show performing at Stephens auditorium. Also, the street team will promote events with students on dorm floors and in greek housing.

After the first meeting the team will begin its marketing efforts.

“It’s a group of dedicated students who are looking to sort of supplement the marketing efforts that we already make on campus to really show students the wonderful international and national touring shows that are coming to Stephens,” McDermott said.