The Psychology of your 20s: A podcast review

Courtesy of iHeart

Media is everywhere, and we are constantly consuming. Whether you are scrolling through social media, watching movies or listening to music, our brains are constantly absorbing new information. 

Podcasts can be accessed through Spotify or Apple Music and are typically focused on one topic, ranging from self-help, language practice, crime, religion or just about anything you can imagine. “The Psychology of your 20s” by Jemma Sbeg is a podcast currently on the rise, especially for college students and people in their 20s. 

Sbeg explores topics of psychology and relates them to common struggles faced by 20-year-olds. She gives practical advice on topics such as dating, friendships, sleep habits, living with your parents, indecisiveness, social media, jealousy and even being friend-zoned.

Her most recent podcast, “5 ways to stop comparing yourself to others”, dives into the danger of comparison—where it came from, when it started and how to keep it from consuming your everyday thoughts and emotions. 

“We use social comparison as a form of aspiration and sometimes even motivation … It can also make us feel pretty horrific,” Sbeg said.

In a world of social media, we are currently exposed to more of people’s lives and what’s going on than ever before. Sbeg does an impeccable job choosing relatable topics and involving her personal experience with psychology research.

With her soothing voice and Australian accent, Sbeg’s podcast is the perfect companion for an afternoon walk or a long road trip. In my opinion, this podcast holds a 9/10 rating for entertaining excellence. If there’s any situation you’re dealing with in your 20s, including the stress of upcoming finals or graduation, Sbeg most likely has a podcast episode to combat it.