Campus affiliated housing

ISU offers convenient apartment housing options for students who want more independence than dorm living offers. Frederiksen Court, located just north of campus, is one of the most popular housing options. “Freddy Court,” as it’s commonly called, offers fully-furnished four-person apartments with either two or four bedrooms. Two new apartment buildings will open to students this fall, with another four available Spring 2014.

Katie Grunewald

In addition to living in university residence halls, Iowa State has leased apartment complexes to accommodate the record number of students enrolled at the university in the fall.

Iowa State has 19 residence halls, many of which will have their dens open for interim housing, Frederiksen Court and Schilletter and University Village apartments are open to a mix of students, and new this fall Legacy Tower and Maricopa apartments will be leased by the university for student housing.

Legacy Tower was leased by the Department of Residence due to both the high enrollment and the popularity of on-campus housing the past few years.

It will have a full-time hall director and 12 community advisers. The building offers one, two, three, four and five bedroom apartments, and is located a block south of campus on Stanton Avenue in Campustown.

Maricopa Apartments are located in West Ames and offer four bedroom, four bathroom units. Four of the apartment complex’s buildings in west Ames were leased by the Department of Residence. This apartment complex offers easy parking, expanded CyRide service and are brand new. They are located on Maricopa Drive off of Mortensen Road.