Where to buy your cyclone gear

There’ s no better way to kick off your college career than to start a collection of ISU apparel. Although cardinal and gold attire floods the streets in Ames, new students may be a little confused as to where to shop.

The standard ISU T-shirts, sweatshirts and sweatpants can be found at the bookstore, but to find clothing that’ s different, shoppers need to venture a bit off campus.

Located on Welch Avenue, T-Galaxy Threads offers a wide variety of Cyclone apparel. The store has everything from puffy, cardinal vests to fun alpine hats. They even carry a line of women’ s vintage-inspired V-neck shirts in several different colors. For guys, the store has shirts with witty sayings sure to get a good laugh. ISU apparel starts at $16.

Another trendy shop on Welch Avenue is Dogtown University. The shop is solely devoted to selling ISU clothing. They offer many items including graphic T-shirts, bright V-necks and polo shirts. By the end of football season when it starts to get chilly, students will want to wear something warm, and the store has a wide variety of zip-up sweatshirts, fleece jackets and windbreakers available. Prices start at $6.

With the fall classes quickly approaching, new students should be sure to stop by and grab some cardinal and gold to be ready for the first semester as an ISU student.