Fashion week coast to coast themed events begin Monday

Models debuting their stylish outfits during the Iowa State Fashion Show on April 14. at CY Stephens Auditorium.

Morgan Durick

Each year the week leading up to Iowa State’s Fashion Show is full of pop-ups, events, themed days and more to help get campus excited for and promote the main event.

The theme for this year’s show is coast to coast. Starting Monday, there will be events all week ranging from “Shopping in Soho” to “Namaste in LA” so students can be national travelers while staying right on campus.

From 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday students can take a quick trip to New York (otherwise known as the Delta Delta Delta Sorority front lawn) for the “Shopping in Soho” event. There will be Great Plains Pizza, boutique shopping trucks, a $50 Rent the Runway gift card giveaway and more.

From 1 to 4 p.m. Tuesday is “Flower Power in Philly.” At the West Loop of the Memorial Union there will be DIY flower bouquet making, Rita’s Italian Ice and a $50 Anthropologie gift card giveaway.

From 9 a.m. to noon Wednesday, students will head back to the west coast for a “Golden Gate Coffee Date.”  At the west loop of the Memorial Union, there will be the Burgies’ Coffee Truck, live performances from GENRE and a $50 Athleta gift card giveaway.

Staying with the California theme, from 8 to 11 a.m. Thursday is “Namaste in LA.” There will be sunrise yoga on central campus along with Tropical Smoothie and a $50 PacSun gift card giveaway.

Additionally at 7 p.m. Thursday members of the Vans company will be speaking in a lecture titled, “Vans: Empowering Youth Culture” in the Sun Room of the Memorial Union. Members of the company’s team will discuss how the brand maintains their “off the wall” mission and inspires youth culture over time.

From noon to 2 p.m. Friday will be the “VANS off the Runway” event. In the free speech zone outside of Parks Library, there will be a live DJ, a surprise guest performance and a $50 VANS gift card giveaway.

From 7 to 9 p.m. at the Farm Bureau Pavilion “Fashion’s Night Out” will serve as a celebratory event to wrap up Fashion Week, with live music, a word from guest designer VANS, appetizers and desserts. Anyone is welcome to attend the event.

“Fashion’s Night Out is one of my favorite events,” said Emily Curtiss, senior in apparel, merchandising and design and co-director of modeling committee. “It is so much fun to get dressed up, and eat food and feel fancy with your friends.”

The 2019 Fashion Show will take place at 7 p.m. Saturday in the Stephens Auditorium. Tickets are available through Ticketmaster or at the Stephens Auditorium Ticket Office.