Greek Week takes over campus

Photo: William Deaton/Iowa State Daily

The crowd cheers and claps for the fraternities and sororities after they perform a song during the first round of the Greek Week karaoke tryouts on April 2, 2013 on Central Campus.

Sierra Hoeger

One of the most awaited weeks in the sorority and fraternity community is here: Greek Week. Greek Week is a week-long competition throughout the sorority and fraternity chapters including sports, arts and philanthropic components.

After kicking off the week on Central Campus with karaoke and finishing Sunday night with competitions at Lied, Greek Week is in full swing.

While Greek Week is all fun and games, it also means free food. While a majority of the food will be located on Central Campus, Food Truck Friday offers some variety to the menu.

Following is the schedule for the remainder of the week.

Tuesday

11 a.m.to 1 p.m.: Food on Campus

Noon to 4 p.m.: Polar Bear Plunge Pre-Registration at MCC 2556 in the Memorial Union

4:30 to 6 p.m.: Community Drive Pick-Up

7 p.m.: Treds tournament at Lied Rec. Center

Wednesday

11 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Food on Campus

11 a.m. to 3 p.m.: Polar Bear Plunge Pre-Registration in the Gold Room in the Memorial Union

4:45 p.m.: Cy Stephens Lip Sync practice

Thursday

8 a.m. to 5 p.m.: Day of Service and Testimonials

11 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Food on Campus

Noon to 4 p.m.: PBC Pre-Registration at MCC 2256 in the Memorial Union

7 p.m.: Basketball Tournament at Lied Rec. Center

Friday

11 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Food Truck Friday

4 to 9 p.m.: Polar Bear Plunge

10 p.m.: Broomball Tournament at the Ice Arena

Saturday

9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.: Olympics

6 p.m.: Lip Sync and Karaoke Final Cuts

Sunday

7 p.m.: Keynote Speaker and Awards

Greek Week officers Olivia Weaver and Jessie Glanz said they are looking forward to one event in particular: the Polar Bear Plunge. The Polar Bear Plunge when students plunge into a cold body of water, all for a good cause.

The Polar Bear Plunge at Iowa State is one of the largest donors to the Special Olympics, Weaver said.