Budget issue to be discussed by IRHA

Emily Oliver

The Inter-Residence Hall Association will discuss budget issues relating to Residence Hall Week at its Thursday night meeting.

Autumn Hare, director of special events, said the special events committee will be presenting a bill to IRHA to ask for funding to enhance Residence Hall Week.

Hare said the special events committee may bring in an act called Mission IMPROVable, a comedy and improv group made up of six young men from Chicago, to perform Oct. 29..

Bringing in an act like Mission IMPROVable usually costs about $2,000 to $3,000, and the special events committee does not have enough money to fund the event, Hare said.

The bill being proposed Thursday asks for about $3,500 to help fund Mission IMPROVable, she said.

“We’re asking for money to make Residence Hall Week the best we’ve ever had,” said Lee Moser, Eaton Hall president.

“We don’t have the right funds to fulfill our ideas.”

Moser said anyone living in the residence halls who wants to suggest ideas or help out is welcome to attend the special events committee meetings, which are held on Wednesday nights at 6:30 p.m. in room A88A of Friley Hall.

At its Thursday night meeting IRHA may also discuss the turnout at Cy’s All Campus Leadership Summit, held Sept. 20 and 21.

Nearly 400 ISU students attended the second Cy’s All Campus Leadership Summit.

John Shertzer, IRHA adviser, said the leadership summit was a great improvement compared to last year.

Todd Voss, IRHA leadership adviser, attended Cy’s All Campus Leadership Summit.

“I think the round table sessions were the best,” Voss said.

“I got to interact with people in the same position and discuss what they do.”

Shertzer said Cy’s All Campus Leadership Summit is looking at being run by all students in the future.

The IRHA meeting will be held at 7 p.m. in the Gallery Room of the Memorial Union.