Move for Minority Student Affairs

Becca Cooper

Moving from its office of 15 years, Minority Student Affairs relocated permanently from Beardshear Hall to a suite in the Student Services Building. The renovation to the first floor of Beardshear Hall began this past summer, forcing many administrative offices to move to different locations. While many of the office moves are temporary, the Minority Student Affairs move earlier this month was a permanent one. “Many students didn’t want to visit us in Beardshear,” said Rafael Rodriguez, who has been the director of Minority Student Affairs since 1995. “It’s known as an administrative building, which many students fear. This building is much more student-friendly and one-stop shopping for students that need assistance.” Unlike the Beardshear Hall offices, where the Minority Student Affairs office was divided into three parts, the Student Services suite is more open and centrally located, making the services more accessible to students. “The new MSA office is excellent, modern and more accessible,” said John Townsell, sophomore in electrical engineering. “The environment is more pleasing and motivational.” Minority Student Affairs office helps minority students by offering tutoring programs and assistance with financial aid.