Assistant Director Clare Lemke of Center for LGBTQIA+ Student Success moving

Courtesy of Clare Lemke

Assistant director for the Center for LGBTQIA+ Student Success Clare Lemke will be moving to the University of Utah where she will serve as the director of the LGBT Resource Center. The Center will be hosting a farewell reception for Lemke on January 22 from 3 to 5 pm in the new home of the Center for LGBTQIA+ Student Success, 3224 Memorial Union.

Logan Metzger

With the new year, there comes time for change at Iowa State. The Center for LGBTQIA+ Student Success has a few changes this new year.

Assistant Director Clare Lemke is moving to the University of Utah, where she will serve as the director of the LGBT Resource Center.

Lemke has served as the assistant director for The Center since 2015.

“I am excited to take on a new challenge, but it is also bittersweet to be leaving The Center that has been my professional home these past few years,” Lemke said. “I have been honored to serve students in this role and I look forward to staying in touch with my Iowa State community.”

The Center is also moving from Student Services to the Memorial Union.

The Center will be hosting a farewell reception for Lemke from 3 to 5 p.m. Jan. 22 in gallery room in the Memorial Union.

The official farewell ceremony will be at 3:30 p.m. during the event.

According to The Center’s Facebook post, “all are welcome and encouraged to attend.”