Weekend Voices: Find Neverland, check your Valentine’s Day Horoscope

Weekend Voices is a roundup of all the upcoming arts and entertainment events in Ames and Des Moines this weekend.

This is Weekend Voices, Iowa State’s source for events happening on campus and in Ames this weekend, new movie releases, new music and all 12 horoscopes for today.

Events

Friday

– Memorial Union Exhibits: Kobliska and Herrig, All Day, Memorial Union, Ames

– Workspace Craft of the Month: String Art, All Day, Workspace Memorial Union, Ames

– Pop Up Art Shop, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Memorial Union, Ames

– Cyclone Cinema: Queen and Slim, 7 p.m. and 10 p.m., Carver Hall, ISU Campus, Ames

– Workspace Paint Your Own Pottery: Two-for-One Studio Fees, Workspace, Memorial Union, Ames

– Finding Neverland, 7:30 p.m., Stephens Auditorium, Ames

– Pet Rock, 8:30 p.m., Wooly’s, Des Moines

Saturday

– Memorial Union Exhibits: Kobliska and Herrig, All Day, Memorial Union, Ames

– Workspace Craft of the Month: String Art, All Day, Workspace Memorial Union, Ames

– Cyclone Cinema: Queen and Slim. 7 p.m. and 10 p.m., Carver Hall, ISU Campus, Ames

Sunday 

Next Week

– Wednesday: Harriet Screening, Carver 101, ISU Camus, Ames

– Thursday: SUB Comedy Night with Mary Beth Barone, 9 p.m., M-Shop, Memorial Union Ames

New Music Friday

– A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie – Artist 2.0

– Beach Bunny – Honeymoon

– Brian Posehn – Grandpa Metal

– Cindy Lee – What’s Tonight to Eternity

– Hollywood Undead – New Empire Vol. 1

– Huey Lewis & The News – Weather

– Ihsahn (of Emperor) – Telemark EP

– Justin Bieber – Changes

– Kvelertak – Splid

– Post Animal – Forward Motion Godyssey

– Suicide Silence – Become the Hunter

– Tame Impala – The Slow Rush

New To Streaming 

Amazon Prime

– Alive

– The Farewell

– American Ultra

– Danger Close

– 47 Meters Down: Uncaged

Netflix

– Cable Girls: Final Season – Netflix Original

– Isi & Ossi – Netflix Film

– A Shaun the Sheep Movie: Farmageddon – Netflix Family

– Starship Troopers

– Good Time

– CAMINO A ROMA – Netflix Documentary

– Q Ball

– Anna Karenina

– To All The Boys: P.S. I Still Love You – Netflix Film 

Hulu

– The Other Guy: Complete Season 2

– Utopia Falls: Complete Season 1

– Beverly Hills Ninja 

– From Hell 

– Racetime

– Radioflash

– Villains 

Release of the Week – The Strokes’ “At The Door”

The Strokes first single for their first album in over seven years may be a divisive one. The Strokes depart from the work of their instrumentally rich rock bangers and opt for a bare and synth heavy 5-minute slow burner. The beginning of the track alludes to grand climax where all the instruments grandly make their entrance, but it never comes. However, the lack of these elements in the track is what makes it great. Julian Casablancas emotional and dark vocal performance makes “At The Door.” Whether the rest of their upcoming album, “The New Abornaml,” will take as many exciting risks is yet to be heard. 

Horoscopes

Aries: Don’t let your past heart aches get you down today. Thinking positive is all it will take this weekend to find some love and happiness in your life. Whether you meet up with an old friend, or meet a new one, you will have an unexpected connection this weekend.

Taurus: This week has been overwhelming for you, and you are ready for a much deserved break! Today is the perfect opportunity to give yourself a little love. Forget the fancy dinner and stay in for a bubble bath and some me time. 

Gemini: Struck by Cupid! This Valentine’s Day is going to be a romantic one for you. That special someone has been planning something very special and you are in for a romantic surprise.

Cancer: Valentine’s Day is supposed to be romantic, not dramatic. Try not to stress or build up expectations in your head. It’s supposed to be about love, so try to forget about finding the perfect gift and think more about what your partner means to you.

Leo: Single or taken, this Valentine’s Day is going to make you happy and content with the love in your life and remind you how special you are. Your selflessness is not taken for granted and this weekend will prove that!

Virgo: Rockin’ your weekend single is going to make you anything but salty this year. You might feel lonely at first, but after a little time spent with friends you will be so happy to be free! But, single’s night is the loneliest place in the world, so steer clear from dwelling on your status. 

Libra: It’s never an easy conversation, but your situationship has gone on for too long! It’s time to talk about why you’re spending tonight together but still saved in his phone as “Hannah from Stat.” Do what you need to do.

Scorpio: Given the heart and soul you have, you deserve an amazing day. Be sure to surround yourself with those who love you and remember to give your mom a call. You might just end up getting struck by Cupid.

Sagittarius: Last year you were taken and this year you’re alone. This might make for a difficult Valentine’s Day, but it doesn’t have to be! Remember all the things you love about yourself and all your opportunities to find love in 2020. 

Capricorn: Leave your man (or woman) at home and spend this Valentine’s Day focusing on yourself. It will be worth your while to do some evaluating and decide what you want next in your personal and professional life. 

Aquarius: Finally it’s here! You’ve been waiting for Valentine’s Day forever and it is going to be worth the wait. Whether it’s a romantic weekend or a routine night with friends, you will find some romance and love. Don’t seek it out, it might be in an unlikely place!

Pisces: Sugar and spice and everything nice! This weekend be ready for something a little sweeter than chocolate and a little more lovely than roses. Find something special for that someone in your life.