BREAKING: Sexual assault reported at Alpha Sigma Phi fraternity

Iowa State Daily staff

A crime warning notification was emailed to Iowa State students on Wednesday evening. According to the email, an individual reported being forcibly fondled by an acquaintance.

While the assault was reported on Sept. 21, the incident occurred on Sept. 17 at 223 Lynn Ave., the property of the Alpha Sigma Phi fraternity.

Past reports from the fall semester

Sept. 5

A crime alert was issued by Iowa State’s Department of Public Safety Sunday afternoon after a person reported being sexually assaulted by an acquaintance. 

The incident took place on Sept. 4 in Willow Hall.

Aug. 29

A person reported being sexually assaulted Sunday at Schilletter – University Village. 

Iowa State University Department of Public Safety released a campus crime notification regarding the incident Monday morning. According to the release, the perpetrator was an acquaintance of the victim. 

Iowa State University sends crime notifications to provide information and promote safety regarding public safety on campus. 

Aug. 23

A person reported being sexually assaulted Tuesday in Larch Hall.

Iowa State University Department of Public Safety released a campus crime notification regarding the incident Tuesday afternoon. According to the release, the perpetrator was an acquaintance of the victim.

In accordance with the Clery Act, all colleges and universities accepting financial aid from federal programs must report information regarding crime within a respective distance of the institution.