Feminist Friday: Director of The Center of LGBTQIA+ Student Success to speak

Feminist+Friday

Feminist Friday

Maribel Barrera

Bradley Freihoefer will be this week’s speaker for Feminist Friday, a weekly discussion-based event held by the Margaret Sloss Women’s Center. As director for The Center of LGBTQIA+ student success, they will be speaking on the function of the center and how it relates to the feminist lens of the series.

Freihoefer graduated from Minnesota State University, Mankato with a bachelor of science in women’s studies.

The Center’s goal is to provide resources that allow LGBTQIA+ students and allies to succeed both academically and personally, as well as to foster a sense of community. Some of these resources include guides to pronouns, coming out, identity, scholarships for LGBTQIA+ students and a range of other areas.

The setting offers students, faculty and speakers the opportunity to discuss and better understand what the Center does and the resources that it provides, as seen through a feminist lens.

Feminist Fridays are held every Friday, except Nov. 23, until Dec. 7, at 1 p.m. in the Margaret Sloss Women’s Center.

The future feminist Fridays will cover topics such as “Feminist Spaces: Exploring Everyday Geographies of Power and Place,” “Organizing Communities to Prevent Violence Against Women and Girls” and “Gender and Human Trafficking.”