Fall fashion: Iowa State students adjust to colder temperatures

Delaney Goldsworthy, sophomore in kinesiology, shows off her fall style on campus on Oct. 18.

Alexis Myszka

As fall starts to creep around the corner, Iowa state students are sporting their favorite outfits for facing the colder weather.

Delaney Goldsworthy

Major: Kinesiology

Can you tell me about your outfit?

“I wore this flannel because I like it and it’s still pretty cold so I wore a jean jacket, and a hat…I’ve worn these vans everyday and the leggings are comfortable.”

Do you usually choose leggings over jeans?

“100% of the time, unless I am going out or something.”

What is your favorite part of your outfit?

“My shoes, I like the gum sole. I like vans, they’re comfy.”

Jessica Holtkamp

Major: Political science

Why did you choose this outfit?

“Well the jeans are really comfy and I really like the short boots i think they just look nice, and it was cold so I wore the jacket”

What about your necklace?

“My friend got me this necklace which is why I’m wearing this.”

What made you choose this outfit?

“I really like olive green and black together which is why I am wearing the sweater, and it all kind of came together.”

“Probably this jacket because I wear it all the time because it’s comfy and warm and looks good.”

Daniel Kriva

Major: Civil and environmental engineering

Would you say this is your usual fall outfit?

“I usually wear jeans but today is khakis.”

“I love flannels, I wear flannels everyday, (because) they’re comfortable.”

Katie Kurt

Major: Pre Law

Is this a good example of your typical fall outfit?

“Yeah I usually wear boots of some sort and a scarf and a long coat because it is cold.”

Do you usually wear jeans over leggings?

“Its 50, 50 I wear jeans a lot but I really like leggings because they’re comfy.”

Why do you like the shoes?

“I like them because they’re kind of like snow boots but they’re also like rain boots at the same time.”

Tell me about the hair:

“I wear my hair curly in the fall usually and I put it up like this so its out of my face.”

Claire Kilfoyl

Major: Industrial design

Tell me about your outfit:

“Well we got leaves because it is fall so that is always fun, I put this jean jacket on because it was cold this morning, and I recently got these pants at a thrift store.”

Tell me about those pants:

“I kind of fell in love with them, I almost didn’t get them because i was like are they too out there, but my friend was like you gotta and I’ve now been like wearing them all the time they’re so comfortable.”

Are the pants light weight?

“They’re really light weight, but they’re also kind of warm they feel like pajamas.”

“I like either wear patterns or solids I don’t wear a lot of words.”

What do you typically wear?

“I really like turtlenecks and then i usually wear jeans but I’m trying to switch it up recently, weird pants are kind of in style right now, I’ve been into jean jackets lately too.”

Cheng Meng

Major: Industrial design

Can you tell me about your outfit?

“The first thing is to be very warm and comfy and cozy, that is what I focus on.”

“I like a very clean and simple style because too much decoration makes me look so complicated, I don’t like that.”

“It’s a daily look, I don’t want my clothes to be very expensive, for my clothes the first thing I focus on is the style and the quality and the price.”

Where is your coat from?

“South Korea.”

“The coat.”

Joe Berg

Major: Marketing

Can you tell me about your outfit?

“The pants are Bullhead so they’re from Pacsun, the jacket is from Hilfiger, shirt is Polo, belt is Louis Vuitton and the backpack is Coach…My parents treat me well.”

What would you say is your favorite brand?

“Id probably say Ralph Lauren, just because it’s like right in the middle of being high end but still affordable and it’s nice clothes.”

What is your favorite part about your outfit?

“Probably the belt, just because it is most expensive.”

Would you say this is your typical fall outfit?

“Yeah pretty similar, it changes but not much from this.”

Gabriel Diaz

Major: Interior design

Can you tell me about your outfit?

“Right now I’m kind of in comfortable clothes just because it is Thursday and I’m tired.”

What would your typical fall outfit be?

“I usually wear jeans and then some type of really long shirt that is oversized and probably my boots if its fall weather and then a jacket that is warm.”

Can you tell me about your sunglasses?

“I usually wear Raybans, I have three types, I like to keep them round because I like round.”

Do you usually wear converse?

“On comfortable days I wear converse, just because it’s comfortable and easy to put on and take off, I have white and black.”

Haven Henningsen

Major: Architecture

Can you tell me about your outfit?

“A jean jacket is one of the things I usually wear most of the time, whenever it is cold out… I was really just trying to layer up because it’s kind of cold out and I didn’t know it was going to be cold this morning, so I threw this on…the yeezys are my favorite thing I have a couple pairs, they’re really comfortable.”  

“I really like the sweatshirt, but probably the shoes, they’re really comfortable and I really like white like white with other colors, but only on nice days I probably wont wear these the rest of this fall or winter.”