Registration is open for the Iowa State Homecoming Parade

Milly Orellana/Iowa State Daily

An equestrian member rides her horse leading the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences at the Homecoming parade on Oct. 23 at 2p.m. 

Lindsey Settle

Student organizations and Ames businesses have until Sunday to register for the annual Homecoming parade. 

The annual Iowa State Homecoming Parade will take place at 2 p.m. Oct. 21 to kickoff Homecoming week. Community members, students, staff, faculty and fans of all ages are encouraged to attend.

This year’s parade will include new attractions centered on music, student organizations and businesses from around Ames.

Registration is open now and will close at 11:59 p.m. on Sunday. Ames and Iowa State community members can register at the Iowa State University Alumni website.

“The parade gives an opportunity for different groups to be showcased,” said Jenny Long, co-chair of the parade. “It is an event not only for Iowa State students, but the Ames community; and it’s centered around seeing all the awesome student organizations, businesses and colleges around the Iowa State and Ames areas.” 

The location of the parade will occur on Main Street in Ames, Iowa. New organizations and groups will be present this year.

More information on the parade is coming.